We ended up with an extra layover day in the marina at Cabo San Lucas, due to some questionable fish tacos that we both ate yesterday. It didn't take much of our depleted energy to add up all the numbers from our trip from Astoria to Los Cabos. Here are the basics:
- Miles traveled: 1884
- Average speed: 6 miles per hour
- Days spent traveling; 23
- Overnight passages: 8 nights
- Harbors where we encountered storms that were described as "unseasonable" or "very unusual": Astoria, Eureka, San Diego, Turtle Bay.
- Wildlife highlights: Risso's dolphins in Monterey Bay; pilot whales off Bahia Magdalena; puffins off the Oregon Coast; tropical frigate birds off Cabo Falso.
- Books heard via iPod by the mate on watch: 5 volumes in the Patrick O'Brian Master and Commander series.
- Books heard via iPod by the Captain while on watch: 0 (He is definitely wiser, deeper, and more familiar with the stars as a result.)
- Culinary highlights: Tomato and Corn Pie made from Farmer's Market in Astoria; fresh caught tuna in fruit salsa in Turtle Bay.